Pages:  1 2 3 4 5
How work cascades
  Created - 2013/06/23 10:08:32+0000

It started when I noticed that the detached signatures of the RDF documents were not correctly linked. There was an extra '/' at the start of the path. I recognized this problem immediately as a mistake in the XML file. The host is described in the XML file as an entity ending with a '/'. The path following on from this also included a '/' so I thought I would taken 10 minutes to fix and release it. Easy, releasing it would be the hardest part. I then noticed that there was dupli... read more

Announcing github
  Created - 2013/05/20 20:24:58+0000

I have opened a new github account, https://github.com/mattunderscorechampion . I intend to use it mainly for work so be sure to check it out (I mean look not clone it, you can clone it).

RDFa
  Created - 2013/02/17 00:04:02+0000

Furthering my efforts with linked data I have now begun to include RDFa markup on my website. You may have noticed (if you spend time looking at my site's web pages as plain text) that I have changed the doctype. This was one of the bigger problems, the new doctype does not provide many of the entity references I have used throughout the site. I have gone through my site changing them to numeric codes. The markup is mostly generated information about the pages but I have also manually included markup ... read more

Linked Data
  Created - 2012/11/20 19:42:11+0000

I have successfully published a little bit of linked data , using the 303 redirect pattern . Take a look at http://id.mattunderscore.com/person/mattchampion and http://id.mattunderscore.com/project/ebchecker ; don't forget to use a RDF browser if you want to see the content negotiation work. You can replace the "id" with "rdf" and put ".rdf" as the extension if you want to see the raw RDF. I will add more as soon as I get the chance but I am very pleased with how this t... read more

Content Negotiation Filter
  Created - 2012/12/03 21:35:26+0000

As part of the (limited) linked data I provide on this website I implemented a content negotiation filter to provide the 303 redirects. It is configured with an XML file that describes the possible variants. The content negotiation algorithm is based on the Apache Negotiation Algorithm but lacks support for the encoding and character set. I implemented this myself because when I was trying to find out how I should do this I kept finding Paul Tuckey's UrlRewriteFilter and JAX-RS which uses annota... read more